Sunday, September 25, 2011

Grecian Maxi Dress

I've wanted to make a maxi dress for a while now. You know, before they go out of style or something. I hope that won't be for quite a while, because now that I've made a maxi dress, I have fallen in love! This is about the most comfortable dress I've ever worn, and it was so easy to make!


I used DIY Maternity's tutorial for the Grecian Maternity Maxi Dress, from a list of maternity tutorials I have pinned. No, I'm not pregnant, this dress is fantastic for regular wear as well as maternity. So I'm just calling mine a Grecian Maxi Dress. But it is nice to know that the next time I have a pregnant belly, I'll still be able to wear this.



The fabric is a fashion knit from JoAnn's. I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't on sale for 40% off - even so it was a splurge for me at almost $8 per yard. But the print, the feel, the drape were all so absolutely wonderful that I went for it anyway.


This is one of the easiest dresses I've ever made. It's simply a fabric tube with elastic casings along the top and under the bust, then a hem on the bottom. It can be worn with a belt or sash, or as is.


Super comfortable. I love my new dress.

Linking to the pin-did challenge at The Modern Marigold.

2 comments:

Victoria Paige @ Boutique Uniquely said...

Very pretty dress. You did such a great job I would have thought it was store bought! Beautiful :)

Amanda Fetters said...

Yeah for fabric on sale! I love maxi dresses too... no tugging or worrying or wiggin out about anything.