Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas Crafts

I promise I'll post about my kitchen floor soon. It's been done for weeks, but then we had Thanksgiving and Christmas and I just haven't gotten around to putting together a post. On the plus side, I can post the update on how the floor is holding up at the same time!

In the meantime, here are the crafts I made for the kids for Christmas this year. Although I didn't hand make as many gifts as I would have liked, I do love the ones that I did make. And the kids love them as well.

Hats and Mittens

Each child received an adorable crocheted hat and matching mittens.


Zaylee got a panda bear.




Thomas got a red angry bird (I didn't add the feathers on top or the tail, and I changed the beak)




Audrey got a purple owl.




Phillip got a monkey. His mittens don't have thumbs - it's hard enough to wrestle his cute little hands into mittens without having to worry about getting his thumb into its own little section.





Backpacks

Zaylee and Thomas were both in need of new backpacks. When trying to buy them, I discovered that the selection of children's backpacks is extremely limited this time of year. I figured I might as well just make some. So I bought a pattern and some notions, and used fabric I already had on hand, and made backpacks. They weren't the easiest craft I've ever done, and there were times I wanted to just give up and buy something boring and utilitarian from the store. But in the end they turned out great and the kids like them a lot.

Zaylee and her red-and-white swirly backpack.


Thomas and his blue corduroy backpack.


All in all it was a fun Christmas, with everyone enjoying their gifts, homemade or otherwise. :)


Linking:
Think Tank Thursday at Joyful Homemaking
Wowza Weekend Link Party at My Love 2 Create 
Link Party Palooza at tatertots & jello
Strut Your Stuff Saturday Link Party at Six Sisters' Stuff 
Project Inspire{d} at An Extraordinary Day 

2 comments:

Sum of their Stories said...

Awh, they are all lovely, I especially like the monkey hat. Your finish is so neat on these, I love your attention to detail.

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Wow! I'm impressed with your crafting abilities. Your kids are so blessed to have handmade gifts. My mom was always good at making clothes for me and my dolls every Christmas.

Thanks for linking up your handiwork at Project Inspire{d}!
Blessings!