Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rolled Flower Bib Necklace


I wanted a fun, romantic accessory to wear for Valentine's Day. Well, actually I made it to wear to church on Sunday, since we're not actually going to be going anywhere on V-day. I have seen lots of beautiful rolled fabric flower necklaces online, and wanted to try making my own. My inspiration:

From The Woman Who Couldn't Sit Still

From Mandipidy

From The Scrap Shoppe

Aren't they perfectly lovely?

So, armed with fabric, lace, and inspiration from these necklaces, I set out to make my own. I made several rolled flowers, glued them together, and added a few pretty buttons and a chain. Voila!


I liked doing these rolled flowers. They were simple to make, and turned out so cute. I can see myself making more of them, and using them for hair clips, headbands, etc.

A couple more pictures:


No comments: