Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Iron Craft #3 - Rows of Blossoms Scarf

In honor of Valentine's Day, this Iron Craft challenge is Flowers and Hearts. The craft must feature either flowers or hearts (or both if desired), though it doesn't have to be Valentine's themed. I threw around a couple ideas in my head (fabric collage, friendship bracelets, flower-covered tote bag), but when I found this crochet pattern, I knew this is what I wanted to do.


 This is my lovely Rows of Blossoms Scarf. I love how the colors look together, very feminine and romantic. I used a pattern for an afghan, just made it smaller. I also put only two rows of stitches between the blossoms instead of four.


I like how the rows look like simple textured stripes from a distance, but when you look closer you can see the pretty little flowers.


 I can wear this as a scarf around my neck, or a wrap over my shoulders, or even wrapped all around my head and face for when it's really cold outside. Which, in Utah in winter, is pretty often.


 Yep. I like my new scarf. :)

2 comments:

Just Crafty Enough said...

It is really perfect for the challenge & the colors are sweet.

Jinxy said...

I'm in awe that you could do it in such little time, anything I make with yarn turns into a month or longer length project. Well done!