Ruffly Flowery Cuteness!
I don't have pictures of the process, but here's what I did: I cut the fabric into a large rectangle, sewed it into a tube to make the skirt, and gathered the top. Then I sewed the skirt to one of Audrey's old shirts. There were stains on the bottom, which I cut off, and there were stains on the collar and the sleeves, which I covered with rolled fabric flowers and cuffs.
Of course, no Easter dress is complete without some sort of head gear, such as a special hat or hair clip. I chose to make a headband. For the band, I sewed a small tube out of some of the fabric I cut off of the bottom of the shirt, then put in elastic. Then I used a long strip of the yellow ruffly fabric to make a great big flower. It's the biggest rolled fabric flower I've ever made, and I love how it looks on the headband!
I made Zaylee's dress pretty similar to Audrey's dress. I sewed a gathered tube of the yellow curtain fabric to an old t-shirt, pretty basic. Then I added a wide strip of floral fabric as a sash, since the dress turned out too big around and made it look like Zaylee was swimming in it. With the sash tied, the dress looked much nicer. Then I had to cover where the t-shirt pocket used to be. I made several fabric yo-yo's and sewed them over the pocket, then added some pretty flower buttons. Zaylee's hair accessory is fabric flower hair clip with a jewel-look button.
|Fabric yo-yo's to cover the old pocket|
|Simple flower clip|
Here are my two girls together, with their sweet Easter dresses.
It's so fun to be able to sew up special outfits for my kids. :)