I started this dress a month or two ago, but never got around to sewing on the sleeves and finishing the collar. Last night I finally pulled it out of the closet to finish it. The funnest part was discovering that my daughter had gotten into my fabric glue and glued the sleeve pieces together. Doh! So I had to cut out new sleeves before I could finish the dress.
But I got it done, and I love how it turned out. It is a bit loose on me, but very comfortable. The original pattern called for simply doing a rolled hem on the collar, but I didn't like how low the neckline was. So I added a simple cowl-style collar. It's not perfect, but the imperfection gives it character and makes it look really neat.
Here I'm modeling my Mother's Day goodies - a candy lei, a yellow silk rose, and a small bouquet of daisies. I look downright tropical!
I chose not to hem the sleeves or the bottom of the dress, simply because I finished this dress last night in order to wear it to church today, and it was getting late. Knit does well with unfinished edges anyway.
It's nice to sew something for me occasionally. I love adding new pieces to my limited wardrobe. :)
P.S. I used this pattern: