Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wire Wrapped Ring

I have a confession. I weigh about 30 pounds more than I did when Jeff and I got married (insert grumpy, pouty, embarrassed facial expression here). One of the many downsides of this is that my wedding ring just doesn't fit anymore. Quite annoying, since I really love my wedding ring.

So I decided that I need something I can wear at this larger size, at least until I put forth the effort to lose the weight. Trust me, making a pretty ring is much easier than losing 30 pounds! Especially if it's this ring.


I used this very simple tutorial I found on pinterest. I did have to buy some equipment for this - specifically a ring mandrel and some craft/beading wire. The mandrel I purchased on etsy (here) and the wire came from the beads/jewelry section at Wal-Mart.


After seeing my lovely new ring, the kids were super eager to have me make one for each of them as well. So here's one I made for Zaylee:


And one I made for Thomas (I used a miniaturized version of this tutorial instead, no beads. Tried to get it a little less feminine):


I can see myself getting hooked on making these simple rings. So quick, so elegant, so fun!




A Crafty Soiree
Somewhat Simple

No comments: